SAM Consortium of Centers for American Music
Members of the Consortium share a common focus in American Music, whether they are archives, museums, library collections, a humanities center, or a combination of all of these. The purpose of the Consortium is to share resources and knowledge related to American music across a broad geographic and institutional spectrum. Members of the Consortium enjoy the following benefits:
- Free access to the Society's mailing list (limit two per year) to publicize your center's activities.
- Free additional copies of the Bulletin of the Society for American Music to share with visitors and patrons at your center.
- Discounted advertising in the Bulletin.
- Special detailed listing on the SAM website, including a link to your center's website.
- Separate listing in the SAM Directory.
- Access to the Consortium listserv where queries and announcements may be posted by Consortium members.
- In addition, a special session dedicated to the interests of the Consortium is held each year at the annual conference.
To join the SAM Consortium of Centers for American Music and access these benefits your center must maintain a current individual membership which includes the name and address of your center in the membership record. Questions? Contact Mariana Whitmer
Read about SAM Consortium sessions at previous conferences.
View the list of current SAM Consortium members.