The Society for American Music Bulletin
The Bulletin is the newsletter of the Society for American Music, published in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Call for News & Articles
Desired items include:
- News and photographs of performances of significant American music.
- News of achievements of the Society's members (either yours or your colleagues. This is the time to brag!)
- News of upcoming events/conferences of interest to our membership.
- Reports from the annual Conference.
- Photographs of newsworthy people and events.
- Other items. Remember, this is both your voice within the Society and your Society's voice to the outside world. Letters and short articles on appropriate subjects will be considered for publication. Please note that we cannot write articles for you based on press releases or other material; we appreciate your sending fully composed articles. Thank you. These may be edited for reasons of space.
Send all text submissions as Word document (preferred) and image submissions as jpg files, attached in an e-mail to:
Elizabeth Ann Lindau
Deadlines for submissions for The Bulletin are April 15, August 15, and December 15.
Advertisements Specifications and Rates
The Bulletin of the Society for American Music is the regular conduit for keeping members updated on the state of the discipline. It contains short articles and open discussions relating to American music, and occasional reviews of books, recordings, or web resources. It also includes information regarding conferences and performances, along with news relating to member activities. The Bulletin is available online three times per year.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES: 15 December, 15 April, and 15 August
To reserve advertising space, contact Mariana Whitmer at (412) 624-3031 or email: email@example.com
SPECIFICATIONS AND PRICES
- Middle-page (placed twice: after the lead article and approx. halfway down the page; 700w x 50h): $200
- Footer (800w x 100h): $150
Images should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as web-ready JPG files.
All prices are per single issue. A 15% discount will apply for ads placed in all three issues of a volume.